Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Diving in Cayman

So, on our cruise we took absolute pleasure in a dive trip with Neptunes Divers and I have to say that it was the most amazing dive trip EVER! (I think this may have been pretty close to my very first dive trip in '05 where I found an megladon shark tooth the size of my palm!) The images hardly do justice to just how beautiful and vibrant everything is... You know.. it would help if I knew how to use a point and shoot camera too! This was the first time that I really had an opportunity to shoot with a camera underwater and I have to say, and not as an excuse either, that it is very different than shooting on land! You have to take into account so many things- first everything is in constant motion- the fish, even the coral and things that look still are being moved by the water and of course I am moving so it is a lot harder than the guys with National Geographic make it look. (That's for sure!) When I view these images it is almost like looking through aquarium glass, and that is sort of what it feels like too. I think the hardest part is editing them because you don't want to take away the fact that you are in very blue/teal water and everything looks, well, blue/teal. But at the same time if you don't do some color enhancing the water takes away from some of the reefs. Again, I did not dare do justice to the amazing beauty and mystery that the ocean holds. But I gave it a shot and I really thought overall I did ok for a first time experience- I think however, more practice is in order so that I might continue to get better. Of course the only way to get better is to keep diving! So who's with me and up for a trip to Grand Cayman??? (I'm packed and ready to go!)

Let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Beautiful shots, Steph :) Thanks for sharing these cool pix with us :) Makes me wanna go diving with you next time.. hahaha.. not really.. I get scared just by snorkeling.. always thinking an electric eel will shock me or a shark will bite me ;-)

Unknown said...

I am ready for a trip to Grand Cayman whenever you are, but I will not be diving with you! Call me a chicken if you want! :p

Cheryl said...

Hey girl! I loved your underwater pics... you rock! I'll just have to live vicariously through you because I don't know if I could muster up the courage to go into the deep like that.
FYI- I finally got back on my blog and updated it. Go take a look-see! MUAH!