Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Chapter Closing....

I have put off thinking about Friday for as long as I could. But the time has officially come for our goodbyes... and honestly, as I write this my eyes are blurred with tears and I don't know how I am going to get through the actual farewell to Lily & Amber.

Anyone who has read more than one of my posts knows that Lily and Ayden are best friends and have been together since they were 3 months old. We joke all the time that they act like a little old married couple the way they fight and make up on a daily basis. We know the kids will be fine and will quickly slip back into their routines- it is the adults I am worried about. Hardly a day goes by that Amber and I don't talk, e-mail or meet up at the same time to get the kids and end up in the parking lot still talking well after everyone else has locked up and gone home for the day.

Ayden and I have talked about them moving and when asked if he realizes he won't see Lily everyday he thinks for a minute and says, "Hum, welll... we'll just have to get a new house." He has it all figured out. And fortunately for them, so do we. We are prearranging their marriage so that all the guess work will be taken out of whether we'll like the people they date... and more importantly, will we like the in-laws. So rather than be sad about this chapter of our life as it closes, I will rejoice in the new journey Lily and her family is about to embark upon... Love you guys and Amber you have to watch this by yourself- I cried trying to set up the music... ~S.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! Long distance relationships can work. : )

Anonymous said...

booooooo hoooooooooooooo! I am not even going to comment, ok, I will! You did make me cry! Don't do that! I can't handle this!- Amber

Fuskiegirl said...

These are awesome, sincerely, Ambers cousin in Atlanta Kristine Soooo Cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful photographer. You captured my 2nd cousin beautifuly! I can't believe how much she looks like her mommy :) I am glad to know that Lily has a good man in her life ;)