Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Monday, October 6, 2008

The Moore Family (Tracy and David cont'd)

One month ago (wow... a month ago already!) Tracy and David married in Lancaster, SC at her aunt and uncle's beautiful property. So this weekend I went up to of course visit (any excuse to hang out is good enough for me!) and do some additional photos of them that we had wanted to do on their wedding day, but ran out of light and time- life happens and sometimes it takes a couple of takes to get the images we really want. That is why I highly recommend that you do a day after session if you are getting married. Talk with your photographer (hopefully it is me, but if not ask if your photographer would be available the next day for a session of just the two of you.) I like it because it is very relaxed and there is no rush to get to the reception to greet guests and family. You can dress it down a little- if you wear your hair up for your wedding, think about wearing it down for this session (as Tracy did) maybe just a loose shirt for the groom. Either way, I think you will be so happy you did. (I am glad we did for Tracy and David!) We also took the opportunity to get some really great family photos. Many thanks to everyone for coming to the barn and being patient with me as I was trying to think of a really great shot. As it turns out, my first instinct is usually the right one, and this is no exception. Keep it simple. I am sending a teaser.

Thanks to my Lil' Cowboy for your imagination- you gave me the chance to capture what to me is the very and absolute essence of childhood. ~S.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Tracy looks so much more relaxed here! I just love that gorgeous curly hair of hers, too. It's nice to see it down for these shots. Very beautiful, Steph! I can't wait to see more!

Matt and I had a great weekend. My Steelers won, so I am super excited! : )

Unknown said...

Steph, Looks like you've done it again, Beautiful! All I can say is Tracy is so blessed to have a wonderful friend like you. Look forward to seeing more. Love the cowboy! Mom

Anonymous said...

OMG - this is the best picture ever of my little man - thanks so much!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Love the picture with the reflection in it :)
Great job, Steph!