Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Friday, January 2, 2009

Be "Moore" Willing...

O.k. so this was a little difficult to do if you want the truth... More than actually taking a self portrait- setting up a tripod and angles and trying to put the timer on and run, get into a position you THINK will work- only to hold a smile for 10 seconds (or realize that your hair is IN your eye on second 8...) Run back and look at a blurry image of your nostrils... But Kelly Moore set up a challenge to shoot a self portrait. I believe the purpose was for us, the photographer, to feel what it is like on the other side of the camera. To actually have to live up to our constant commands of "smile, tilt, step over slightly, no, no, ok, right there, don't move... oh, I don't really like it. One more time- sorry." That is what I sound like anyway. It really was a lot harder than I thought it would have been. I thought I would set up and take a couple of quick pics- then 3 hours later.... I had to think (Yes, I do that on rare occasions...)about a lot of things really so this was a fun pair of shoes to wear for a bit.. Anyway, this is my self portrait montage- Hope you like them- personally, I hate images of myself.... but what the heck- it is the beginning of a new year and a new me. ~S.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are totally HOT!!! I love these!

Do you not have a remote control for your camera?? Works so much better than a timer! : )

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the images!!! So freakin cute!
ehem... can I just wear my journalistic "hat" for a moment... was "simlify" on your board supposed to read that way?

love you girl! about to go cast my vote for one of my FAV photogs! Y-O-U!

Stephanie Owens said...

Actually, "Simlify" is an acronym for something- What? you ask, I don't have a clue... I obviously put that up way late in the night after the Starbucks wore off... Yes, I spelled it wrong- Wes mentioned it at coffee the other day with Ron- so no, it was not intentional- I was just having a moment. Thanks! Steph

Anonymous said...

awww... leave it to the Lesters to be the grammar police. It still ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

Can we vote more than once? I'll go back every day if I have to!