Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Friday, January 30, 2009

St. John's Riverkeeper

Recently I have had the privilege of doing a fun project for the St. John's Riverkeeper. Danielle and Kelly have become my newest friends because of their wonderfully contagious personalities and their dedication to teaching our community about the beautiful things we have right in our own back yards. As is common with any place you live, it is very easy to take advantage of all we have to see and do within a few minutes drive.

For example... As many times as I have been on Fort George Island, I always find more things to see just by walking on a different trail. When was the last time you visited Kingsley Plantation and just walked around the grounds or sat in the barn and wondered what life must have been like all those years ago when the plantation was a way of life?

It is on these quiet afternoons that I can walk and talk with my daughter or have a real uninterrupted conversation with God. Just to watch the contour of the beaches and the sheer magnificence of something so simple as an oyster bed reminds me of God's continuous art work in our world of busy...

So I challenge all you to take a drive some place you haven't been in a while- or perhaps you have never been- but take a walk and enjoy what you see. Take in the colors- the smells and the breeze of our beautiful Jacksonville. I sincerely enjoyed this adventure and look forward to future projects. Hope you enjoy! ~S.

0 comments: