Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow! Can anyone tell me where the blur we call 2008 went? I still can't believe that we have just started another new year... But I am the more excited about what lies ahead than any that I can remember in a very long time. So what are your resolutions this year? In the past I quit making resolutions so I wouldn't be disappointed with in a few weeks of forgetting what I started out so passionately about. I figured if I said I was going to do it than it had to be done- regardless of circumstances. Life has a funny way of happening doesn't it? So for some reason when I began thinking about what I wanted to do this year I saw it a little differently. Rather than viewing the beginning of the year as a "resolve" and demands sort of list- Molly and I decided to make a "Life Map" really more of a list of things we want to visualize for this year. I highly recommend you get a girlfriend and do this- or do it with your hubby- they are so much fun and really do allow you to focus on your dreams. It is also easier to pray over and seek favor with God on certain areas of your life.

For me a lot of it is tangible.. My business and equipment for my biz., our finances- a home of our own, a Saab (BI-WI... Because I'm Worth It!). But my real focus this year is to simply simplify my life. I want to rid my life of the clutter and unimportant things that tie me down. The first step was to find a loving home for our ferrets- I love pets like the next person (Gwen and Matt are not included in that phrase...no one loves their babies more than them.. I mean Gwen put hers in elf outfits for Christmas. That is some true love between them and the dogs. Probably more the dogs now that I think about it since they actually posed for the photo without doing something sneaky after wards.), but I quickly realized that I have enough to clean and chase after with my kids. Luckily for me a wonderful family has time and loves them more than me and gladly took them in as a playmate with their ferret... I want to get rid of those silly things that take my time like going to the grocery store more than once a week... anything unnecessary has to go-(Excluding the trips to Starbucks Beth... you knew that was coming didn't you?) even if it means I have to learn how to say that small two letter word, "no". That doesn't mean I want to rid my life of blessing others- but I have to be able to actually bless them. I want to help everyone and do all these things but then I am so tired and my to-do list is so long that when I show up I don't want to be there... So I will take on less and make it count more... I also want to make my kids and self count more... Oh, the list could go on- that is my problem... A friend of mine once told me that I am a "compulsive over-achiever". Ouch... but worse, he was right. So I am going to simplify my life. I don't have to conquer the world- only my to-do list today..... So what do you want this year? Would love to hear it... Oh, and this is my "Life as I See it!" ~S.







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute and fun idea! You definitely need an idea of where you want to go if you are ever going to get there. I have been kicking around some ideas for 2009 but haven't had a chance to write them down yet. I'm hoping to get a chance tonight to do it.

I believe good things will come your way in 2009!