Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Saturday, February 21, 2009

They Went... Skyyyyy Diving!

I have the best bosses in the world! Not many people can honestly say that they enjoy working with their boss... And even fewer have the privilege to say they enjoy hanging out with their boss' family and friends. I am one of those few fortunate people who loves going to work every day... 98% of them anyway. So when Neal gave Beth and Melissa the gift of jumping I got excited to get involved. Neal had the idea to make this bulls eye so their jump instructors could easily navigate the way safely to the ground... Little did they know that he also had bets going on who would bounce the highest! Oops, I might not should have said that.. sorry Neal.

On the day of the jump the weather here in Jax was nasty and raining, but a couple of hours away in the Cape the sun was bright and the skies were a perfect day for a jump! I was so tempted to sign up and jump with them, but thought my time might be better served on the ground... Truth be known, I just wanted to get my nerve up! We had a blast all day laughing and cutting up! Beth was playing Sally O'Malley which had me in stitches... "Because I'mmmmmmm 5-0!" She is a riot! Melissa was busy re-applying her makeup (only briefly.... not alllll day.) and Courtney was just hanging out til jump time... We just had such a fun group of friends together and it made the wait for them to get to jump fun.

Of course you know me, I had to fill my time taking photos of everything- I was soon enthralled with the guys packing the shoots- you have to have a lot of trust in these guys. your life is literally in their hands. They worked hard, never letting me disrupt what they were doing- they were total troopers and I have to hand it to them because they were sweating and never missed a beat as busy as they were. Thanks for letting me get in your face.. literally..

I tried to set this slide up with a compilation of music I thought would be fun and pertains to the series of events. I hope you guys enjoy. I did- thanks so much for making me as much a part of your family as you do! I always have fun with you. To View The Slide Show... Click Here! ~S.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I wish I could be that brave! Looks like a fun time! :)

Anonymous said...

This looked like a really fun shoot. I like the picture of the plane.... Beautiful blue sky! The slide show turned out great! Perfect music choices for this event. -Beth