Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Beth's Big Bash.. a Sneak Peek

So Ms. Beth thought for her big 5-0 skydiving was a pretty good way to "jump" into this exciting new chapter of her life. Little did she know we already had the foundation laid to a pretty great party! The idea was simple- we would make it all up as we went along- getting everyone in on it was essential because before it was over the lies were deep and the waders were getting short. (If you know what I mean.)

Steve and Mary graciously offered to host the party for her and it was just perfect! We could not have had a more beautiful or more perfect spot for a beach themed party than at their home. After talking with Mary the first time I knew everything would fall into place beautifully! We agreed on pretty much everything and they were so open to my crazy ideas- even pulling out the Christmas lights from the attic!

To make sure Ms. Beth was surprised, we came up with the idea to invite her to a party at Mary and Steve's house. Mary invited her and Neal to a "party for Steve" something for his work. She took the bait- hook, line and sinker! Everyone worked really hard together to put all the finishing touches on the food- decor and especially the memories! It was so fun to see all of the photos of Ms. Beth growing up and through the years. I always feel so blessed to be a part of their family and friends because everyone is so much fun and they are always sure to make you laugh! You all know who you are...and I have photographs!

I have to give a very special thank you to Miss Stephanie for being so helpful as I put the finishing touches on my trees and decorations- You were a God send- thanks! To the guys for cooking all the meat- Sharon and Ms. Hope for all of the food- photos- balloons and help you offered- Dana, Melissa & Rusty for lying all day on Friday and helping me out... and Mitchell for hanging out trying to keep her from being suspicious! And I can't forget Anna- without you, we may not have seen Neal do the bar dance... But mostly to Steve and Mary- you guys were phenomenal to open your hearts and your homes for your friends. The night was perfect and every one's hard work was splendid! Now that I have completed my Academy Awards Speech... I have a few sneak peeks- and Nooo, I left Neal out of this group. You can re-live the strip tease in the slide show in the next couple of days! Hope you guys enjoy! ~S.



Happy Birthday Ms. Beth!








0 comments: