Welcome to Life Stories...

Welcome to My Life's Story! Mine is made up of so many wonderful people-purposfully woven together! Everything we do is with and for each other and I am so glad that you have taken the time to stop by- so grab your favorite cup of coffee and Enjoy!

What I love most: my family, my friends, my son's giggles when he thinks he is getting away with something... great conversation, anything with a good title, bold coffee, anyone with a zest for life, exciting and fresh ideas, anything crafty, getting my hands dirty, dancing in the rain and weddings! (all weddings!)

I am happiest: when I can share what I see through a lens. Just as there are no two people alike, neither are views on life. I strive to uniquely photograph any event or person so their style can easily be seen.

"Life Happens... Picture it Boldly!"

Would love to hear from you~ If you would like to leave a comment feel free or email me at
stephanie@stephowens.com.






Monday, March 16, 2009

Kassie and Doug Sneak Peek

There are very few people in life who I look at and think, "I would love to be more like them." And not because my life is so glamorous- my friends know my kids (and hubby on occasion) can drive me crazy and my house gets messy and I feel frantic. But more because I believe each of our lives are ours to live and I feel that God puts each of us here to do a special job that only we can do. We are all given individual talents because God believes we are the best person for that particular job. But every now and then I meet people whose heart and actions line up and you know they just have been touched by God in an extra special way. Kassie and Doug are two of those people who's hearts and love for God, each other and people in general makes me look at my own heart and want to seek God more diligently. Doug is one of our worship leaders and with an incredibly talented team of others like him has brought me to my knees in praise on many occasions and never fail to have me running mascara on any given Sunday. His very lovely wife Kassie is one of the most beautiful women and one of my favorite people in the world. You can find her serving coffee to us on Sundays or serving God in a remote village in South America. No matter where you find her you will feel her smile and heart long before you have the chance to bid her a good morning. She is the most positive and godly woman I know.

It has been almost three years since I had the pleasure of helping to photograph their wedding. (One of only a few that have made me cry like a baby btw.) And now I have had the chance to photograph their maternity session. Doug you hung in there like a champ. I know it is so hard for guys to smile and pose for a camera- so thank you again for your patience. I love the images and love you guys. Thank you again for trusting me with such a special season of your life. ~S.











4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember seeing some of your shots from their wedding. These are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

nice job Steph!!!! I really like these a lot! You ROCK!

Anonymous said...

great job, steph. these are a beautiful. Congrats to Doug and Kassie.

Anonymous said...

awesome! I just live these pictures. You get a good feeling about how much love they will give that baby! Nice job, steph. I'd like to see more maternity shoots from you. :)